Happy National Nurses Week 2022 From ANHS
Each May brings us National Nurses’ Week, which gives us a chance for us to honor and recognize the dedication, knowledge, skill, and compassion of our country’s nurses. At Advanced Nursing + Home Support, we believe in acknowledging the hard work of our nursing staff every day, but especially this week — that’s why this blog post is dedicated to celebrating National Nurses’ Week!
Looking for ways to celebrate the nurse in your life? Or are you a nurse wondering what National Nurses’ Week discounts are available to you? Read on for all the above and more!
When is National Nurses’ Week 2022?
This year, the week-long celebration begins on Friday, May 6, through the following Thursday, May 12. The dates always correspond with the birthday of Florence Nightingale, the founder of modern nursing. National Nurses’ Week 2022 marks the 29th year of celebration.
What is the Theme for National Nurses’ Week 2022?
The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) has dubbed the theme of this year’s festivities to be “Rooted in Strength.” This theme was chosen as an acknowledgment of the challenges nurses face every day — pre-and-post pandemic.
How to Celebrate National Nurses’ Week
The below suggestions are great for those who have an at-home nurse to help care for themselves or a loved one, those who employ nurses, and anyone who simply wants to contribute to celebrating National Nurses’ Week!
Gifts for National Nurses’ Week
Gift-giving is an excellent way to show the nurse(s) in your life that you appreciate their hard work and dedication. Here are 20 ideas to help you find the perfect gift.
- A step tracker
- Flowers and a card with a personal message
- Gift cards
- A spa certificate
- A nice water bottle
- Homemade treats
- A goodie basket of their favorite snacks
- Jewelry (regular or silicone)
- Custom stethoscope ID tag
- Personalized badge reel
- Custom nursing bag
- A nice candle
- Relaxation kit (face mask, eye mask, bath salts, lotion, etc.)
- Essential oil diffuser
- A nice bottle of wine and/or wine glass
- Compression socks
- Bento box lunch container
- Power bank (for those long shifts!)
- Restore smart sleep to help regulate sleep
You don’t have to spend a small fortune on a gift for National Nurses’ Week. Even if it’s as simple as buying them breakfast, it’s truly the thought that counts. Everyone wants to be appreciated in their workplace, but for nurses, it’s even more personal to them because of the time and care they put into their patient’s care.
Involve Your Community
Nurses are valued members of their communities. Why not come together to celebrate National Nurses’ Week? Here are some suggestions on how to get others involved.
- Post about National Nurses’ Week on social media and encourage others to do the same.
- Work with your county library to create a display of books about nursing/healthcare.
- Put a “Happy Nurses’ Week” sign in your front yard.
- Contact local elected officials and encourage them to make a public statement thanking nurses in your community.
National Nurses’ Week Discounts
If you’re a nurse looking for a way to treat yourself, here are some National Nurses’ Week discounts and freebies to take advantage of!
- Adidas: 30% off in-store and on the Adidas website and 20% off at factory outlet stores.
- All Seasons Uniforms: 20% off all medical apparel with discount code NURSE20.
- Applebees: Free appetizer with any entree purchase through May 15, 2022.
- Chipotle: Nominate a fellow healthcare worker for the chance to receive free Chipotle for a year via the company’s social media.
- Cinnabon: A choice of a free Cinnabon® Classic Cinnamon Roll, MiniBon®, or 4-count BonBites™. (Participating locations only)
- Cinema Cafe: Free popcorn for nurses.
- Circle K: Free coffee, tea, or polar pop drinks.
- Dunkin’: Free 16 0z. Dunkin’ Dark Roast iced or hot coffee and donut. (Participating locations only)
- Evo Entertainment: Free movies for the month of May.
- Great American Cookie: Free Original Chocolate Chip Cookie with any purchase.
- Insomnia Cookies: Free six-pack of classic cookies with any $5 in-store purchase.
- Jet’s Pizza: 30% off using the promo code BADGE.
- Johnny Rockets: Free Original or Deluxe Shake with any in-store purchase.
- Krispy Kreme: Free dozens of Original Glazed doughnuts.
- Mariott Hotels: Discounted rates for nurses and medical staff through September 20, 2022, with code HJH.
- Potbelly Sandwich Shop: Free cookie or regular fountain drink with the purchase of any entree.
- Sonny’s BBQ: Free Pork Big Deal meal.
- Starbucks: Free tall hot or iced coffee through the end of May.
- Wawa: Free coffee.
The above discounts and freebies are specific to National Nurses’ Week 2022. There are also many companies not listed here that have celebrated in the past, or their discounts are location-specific. Many companies offer nurses’ a discount year-round, so don’t be afraid to ask!
ANHS Wishes You a Happy National Nurses’ Week!
At Advanced Nursing + Home Support, we couldn’t be more proud of our team of skilled nurses. As the recipient of the Best of Home Care: Employer of Choice 2022 award, we believe nurse appreciation should be practiced year-round. We’re so proud of the work our care providers give our clients every day!Interested in a career with Advanced Nursing + Home Support? Check out our employment opportunities today!Tags: national nurses week, nurse appreciation