Advanced Nursing + Home Support is committed to providing expert and compassionate in-home care services to every client. Our award-winning healthcare professionals provide exceptional services and extraordinary experiences.
How Does Home Care Work?
Home care works by understanding the needs of patients, finding the right care plan, and caregiver execution. Care plans are tailored to the individual and specific needs of the individual and are revisited throughout the engagement to ensure proper care is provided.
Home care services typically focus on assistance with personal care — feeding, bathing, dressing, using the bathroom, etc. — and/or activities of daily living tasks such as grocery shopping, meal preparation, and housekeeping.
What Are the Benefits of Home Nursing Services?
Some benefits of home nursing services include:
- Personalized care
- Undivided attention
- Reduced travel and coordination
- Caregiver relief
- And more!
This style of care allows for a custom plan to fit your loved one’s needs and preferences. It also means your loved one will receive one-on-one services, rather than a care provider having to split their time among multiple clients. Often, this care is also one of the least costly options when compared to assisted living or nursing home care.
Home care is a great option because it cuts down on travel coordination and costs, and gives your loved one the advantage of living in their own home where they are comfortable and feel safe. For many people, this means staying in a home that is already paid for, which also helps keep expenses lower.
The Advanced Nursing Approach
“This agency is extremely generous with their time and advice. They will be my go-to agency for any care my mother may need in the future.” — Paula R.
We use a team approach for every client. From the initial contact, to a comprehensive in-home assessment with our clients and their families, to designing a customized care plan, to making the best possible match of care providers for our clients’ needs, our staff works to deliver care that allows our clients to thrive in place and live with dignity, fulfillment and purpose.
Our Home Care Process
Once the initial care plan is established, the next steps in the process will be:
- One of our Staffing Coordinators will call the client/family to introduce themselves.
- The Staffing Coordinator then works to match a Care Provider to the client.
- Once a provider is assigned, the Home Health Supervisor reviews the care plan with them. The Care Provider will learn the details to be aware of prior to their first visit to the client’s home. The Home Health Supervisor may also meet the Care Provider at the client’s home for the first visit.
- The Staffing Coordinator also works with the client/family on an ongoing basis as their needs change to ensure the continued highest quality of care.
“Advanced Nursing & Home Support was incredibly responsive, flexible, and supportive. They were so incredibly professional and understanding. I would highly recommend this group!” — Kerry C.
Learn more about some of Advanced Nursing’s most popular in-home care services below.
What it is: Companion care is a form of non-intensive, in-home care that offers both companionship and assistance with everyday tasks. Your loved one will be able to carry out their normal routines and maintain their independence by living in their own home.
Who it’s for: Typically, long-term companion care is ideal for seniors aging in place.
Types of service: Transportation, personal care, meal preparation, light housekeeping, facilitating socialization, and more.
What it is: Personal Care is for aging or disabled individuals who need more hands-on care, such as bathing, medication reminders, cleaning, meal prep and more. Our team of personal care providers is ready to assist with a host of personal tasks that pose challenges for our clients
Skilled Nursing Care
What it is: Skilled nursing care is for patients that need the level of care provided by a hospital on a daily basis, but wish to receive it from the comfort of their own home.
Who it’s for: Senior citizens or disabled individuals.
Types of service: Medication Management, after-accident care, pre/postoperative care, long-term disability care, PTSD care, and more.
What it is: Provided on a temporary basis, respite care maintains care while primary care providers take a well-deserved break.
Who it’s for: In-home care services are provided to seniors and disabled adults, but the respite is for their caregiver.
Types of service: Respite care can be any of the services mentioned above. Respite care is necessary to allow primary caregivers to take care of themselves and other loved ones, run errands, go to work, or even go on vacation.
Who Qualifies for Home Health Care Services?
Home care services are not specific to one condition, situation, or age; there are several different circumstances where someone may need in-home assistance. Here are some of the common struggles our patients face:
- Chronic disease: According to the CDC, 6 in 10 adults struggle with chronic disease, and often require assistance to maintain their day-to-day life as a result.
- Cognitive issues: Those who suffer from memory loss or memory-related diseases often choose to receive professional memory care while living in their own homes. This serves as an effective alternative to assisted living.
- Elderly: Even the most independent seniors often still need help with things like transportation, managing medication, meal assistance, etc.
- Adjusting post-hospital: People who need temporary assistance returning home after a procedure or hospital stay.
- Disabled: Those who have a permanent physical or mental condition that requires special care.
- Veterans: Patients recovering from a medical discharge, in need of PTSD care, etc.
Signs Your Loved One Needs Home Care Services
There are several reasons to consider home nursing services. The following symptoms may be a sign that it’s time to start researching home care options for someone close to you:
- They’re declining physically — they struggle to cook for themselves or keep their home clean.
- They’re unable to manage their money.
- They’ve become depressed or stopped socializing with friends and family.
- They become confused easily and seem to forget where they are or how to get to familiar locations.
More About Advanced Nursing
What Our Clients Say
“With this company, I felt my mom was taken care of very well. The office staff was always there to help with any questions and concerns I had. My mom was very happy with the caregiver they matched her with. I would recommend them to everyone.” — Lea S.
“Advanced Nursing & Home Support have great care providers and the staff is great. We have been with that agency since August of 2009 and currently still receiving care.” — Clara
“I used another agency at the beginning of my husband’s illness and can say that Advanced Nursing is far and away the better agency. The aides that were sent came promptly, worked to prioritize my husband’s comfort, and maintained safety in the home with precautions. I highly recommend using this agency.” — Glen P.
- Aspen Hill
- Chevy Chase
- Howard County
- Montgomery County
- Montgomery Village
- North Bethesda
- North Potomac
- Silver Spring
- Takoma Park
- White Oak
Find Home Care for Your Loved One Today
At Advanced Nursing + Home Support, we have an award-winning professional team of skilled nursing care providers who are committed to making this service as convenient to access as possible by delivering it straight to the homes of those in need.
We pride ourselves on making our clients feel well-cared for and empowered each and every day. Contact us online or by phone at 240-474-0884 to schedule a free consultation.