What is a Personal Care Provider?
A personal care provider is a professional caregiver who offers day-to-day assistance to individuals, allowing them to carry out their normal routines as they would independently. Advanced Nursing + Home Support’s personal care services are perfect for anyone who wants to maintain their personal freedom at home while still receiving exceptional support. Contact us today to discuss how we can provide personal care at home for you or your loved one.
Personal Care Services
For aging or disabled individuals, tasks that used to be done by habit, such as bathing and getting dressed, are increasingly difficult to complete. Our team of personal care specialists is ready to assist with a host of personal tasks that pose challenges for our clients. Here are a few of the personal care services that Advanced Nursing + Home Support can accommodate:
- Bathing: Maintaining personal hygiene is critical not only for personal health reasons, but also for happiness and self esteem. Unfortunately, slippery tubs and shower floors can be dangerous falling hazards. Our personal care specialists ensure that your loved one is carefully washed and secure while bathing.
- Dressing: For individuals with mobility issues, getting dressed can pose an extreme challenge. A personal care provider will be there to assist your loved one in dressing, so that they don’t have to sacrifice their personal style for the sake of feasibility.
- Grooming: Basic grooming needs, such as shaving, trimming nails, and brushing hair, are harder to accomplish for aging individuals. Our team can step in to keep your loved one looking sharp.
- Medication Reminders: An important responsibility of personal care specialists is making sure that clients receive their daily medications on time, and in the appropriate method. No more stressing about missing medications.
- Toileting: Trips to the bathroom shouldn’t be a source of worry. Personal caregivers can assist individuals with relieving themselves and cleaning up afterwards. Our team can also take care of soiled linens and emptying bedpans.
- Oral Hygiene: Keeping a fresh, healthy mouth is important for elderly individuals, since oral health plays a key role in communicating and enjoying food and beverages. Personal care specialists help keep individuals’ teeth and gums clean by regular brushing and flossing.
- Light Housekeeping: Personal care providers help assist with home maintenance by offering housekeeping services. Through our affiliate company, Elder Clean, we’re able to offer specialty cleaning services when they’re needed, including deep cleanings, tidying, dishes, and more.
- Grocery Shopping, Cooking, and Meal Prep: Eating a well-rounded, nutritious diet is critical for sustaining a strong body, mind, and immune system, but not everyone has the time or ability to grocery shop and prepare healthy meals regularly. Personal care specialists fill this gap by grocery shopping, meal prepping, and cooking for clients.
- Transportation: Whether your loved one is heading to a doctor’s appointment or the grocery store, a personal care provider can safely take them wherever they need to go.
Don’t see a task on this list? Don’t fret—we can accommodate a wide variety of other tasks that will aid your loved one’s independence.
Find a Personal Care Specialist Today
At Advanced Nursing + Home Support, our compassionate team of personal care specialists is committed to making individuals feel comfortable, secure, and empowered in their everyday routines. Whether our clients need help with bathing or shopping for groceries, we’re there to support them.
If you have a loved one who needs personal care services in the Maryland and DC area, take the first step towards peace of mind and contact Advanced Nursing + Home Support today. We provide unparalleled service from experienced, compassionate personal care providers.