After Surgery Home Care
If you or a loved one is undergoing an operation, staying on top of your health before and after the surgery is of utmost importance. At Advanced Nursing + Home Support, we provide extensive post-operative care at home, so our clients can rest assured that they have the support and supervision they need to make a full recovery from surgery without falling off of their daily routines.
What Is Included in Post-Surgery Nursing Care?
Undergoing surgery can be extremely stressful, in part because what happens after the operation is often unclear. There are several factors that we consider when planning a pre- and post-surgery nursing care plan, including the mobility of the client; what treatments, rehabilitation exercises, and medications they will require; and how to best promote healing to ensure a swift recovery. Both pre- and post-operation, clients need someone by their side who will offer comfort and companionship, as well as Registered Nurses and post-operative care specialists to manage the healing process.
At Advanced Nursing + Home Support, we understand that the scope of post-surgery nursing care varies widely, depending on the client’s unique circumstances. Our goal is to help you or your loved one get back in the swing of things as effortlessly as possible. We’ll conduct an individualized in-home assessment that takes into account all of the daily needs of your loved one, including personal tasks, medications and treatments, transportation, and light housekeeping. From there, we’ll produce a Care Plan that is entirely customized to each individual client.
Some of the most common pre- and post-surgery nursing care services we provide include (but are not limited to):
- Procedure Prep: Operations are very taxing on the body, so it’s imperative that our clients properly prepare for the big day. Procedure prep includes detailed instructions on what and when to eat and drink before surgery, exercise recommendations, travel plans, and more.
- Medication Management: Our skilled nurses make sure that you take your appropriate medications when you need them.
- Skilled Care Post-Procedure: In addition to medication management and administration, our nursing team provides a wide range of advanced post-surgery nursing care services, including (but not limited to) wound care, ventilator management, and rehabilitation treatment.
- Wound Dressing: Changing bandages regularly is a critical part of after surgery home care. Our professional nurses clean, dress, and closely monitor wounds to ensure a successful recovery.
- Companion Care: We understand that maintaining day-to-day activities is critical for keeping our clients comfortable both pre- and post-surgery. We’ll assist in many homemaking services, such as light housekeeping, dishwashing, laundry, dusting, pet care, and answering the telephone, in addition to being a listening ear for any concerns you may have.
- Transportation: Our licensed care providers can take you or your loved one to and from the surgery, as well as any follow-up appointments.
Let Us Provide Post-Operative Care at Home for Your Loved One
From getting dressed to changing bandages and traveling to doctor’s appointments, you or your loved one will have our team’s full support before and after surgery. Our post-operative care specialists handle the day-to-day challenges of post-surgery recovery, so our clients can focus on what’s most important: healing. Contact us online or by phone at 240-624-7834 to request more information.