What is Respite Care?
Respite care is a type of care that is provided on a temporary basis, as a supplement to primary care. As their name implies, respite care providers give respite to primary caregivers by taking over caring duties, giving primary caregivers important free time to spend caring for themselves.
At Advanced Nursing + Home Support, we’re here to help support and maintain your relationship with your loved ones and their health. While families take great joy in caring for their aging or disabled loved ones, providing around-the-clock care can understandably take a physical and emotional toll. Our experienced home respite care providers offer short or long-term breaks for caregivers without a lapse in your loved one’s care.
Read on to learn more about the benefits of respite care and our home respite care services.
Benefits of Respite Care
There are several benefits of respite care, including uninterrupted care for your loved one and much-needed relief for you. Whether you’re going on vacation and need a substitute caregiver in your place or you simply need a break from the time-intensive task of caregiving, respite care providers can step in to help.
- Uninterrupted care: Home respite care allows for continuous care for your loved one without them needing to leave home.
- Stress relief: Caring for a loved one can be stressful—and it can cause caregiver burnout. Having the option to take a break from caregiving duties will allow you to rejuvenate and come back to caring for your family member feeling happy and healthy. Whether you need the time off to travel, attend a wedding or other event, or have an afternoon or night to yourself, remember that taking care of you is a vitally important part of taking care of your loved one.
- Stronger relationships: While respite care providers handle your loved one’s needs, you can spend more time with your community, family, and friends—improving the support group and relationships you have around you.
Home Respite Care Services
While welcoming home respite care services can seem intimidating at first, you can rest assured that Advanced Nursing + Home Support has the experience and compassion necessary to provide a seamless care transition. When you contact us for respite care services, we’ll take the time to get to know your loved one’s unique medical and non-medical needs, then create an individual care plan that is perfectly suited to you and your family.
Here are a few of the home respite care services we offer:
- Skilled Nursing Care: We have registered nurses (RNs) and licensed practical nurses (LPNs) available who can provide skilled nursing care, including advanced medication management, wound care, ventilator management, and other medical and non-medical assistance.
- Personal Care: Our team of professional care providers will assist with personal care tasks that can become a challenge for your loved ones. We can accommodate bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, oral hygiene, and a plethora of other tasks that will aid your loved one’s independence.
- Companion Care: Many of our clients don’t require skilled or advanced medical support, and just need assistance with daily activities and personal needs. Our companion care experts are able to provide medical support when it’s needed, in-hospital support, and personal care services (including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, pet care, meal preparation, phone answering, light housekeeping, and medication reminders). We are also able to offer specialty cleaning services when they’re needed, including deep cleanings, tidying, dishes, and more.
- Transportation Services: Whether your loved one needs to go to the doctor, grocery store, or simply needs to run an errand, our experienced care providers can transport them there.
Apply for Respite Care Today
At Advanced Nursing + Home Support, we understand that caregiving can be wonderful, but also stressful and time-intensive. Our goal is to provide exceptional respite care for your loved one so that you can focus on taking care of yourself and your relationships.
If you’re searching for respite care in Maryland or the D.C. area, take the first step towards peace of mind and submit an application through The Arc Montgomery County today. Once your application has been accepted, The Arc will contact Advanced Nursing + Home Support to arrange respite care services. Contact us online or by phone at 240-414-4147 to request more information.