Many families take great joy in caring for their aging or disabled loved ones, but that can understandably take a physical and emotional toll on the primary caregiver. At Advanced Nursing + Home Support, we’re here to help support and maintain your relationship with your loved one and their health. Our respite care services provide short or long-term breaks for the primary caregiver without a lapse in your family member’s health or well being.
OUR RESPITE CARE SERVICES
When you contact us for respite care services, we will always take the time to get to know your loved one’s unique medical and non-medical needs—that way we can create an individual care plan that is perfectly suited to you and your family. Some of the services we can provide include:
Skilled Nursing Care – We have registered nurses (RNs) and licensed practical nurses (LPNs) available who can provide skilled nursing care, including advanced medication management, wound care, ventilator management, Alzheimer’s and dementia care, and other medical and non-medical assistance.
Personal care – Our team of professional care providers will assist with personal care tasks that can become a challenge for your loved ones. We can accommodate bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, oral hygiene, and a plethora of other tasks that will aid your loved one’s independence.
Companion Care – Many of our clients don’t require skilled or advanced medical support, and just need assistance with daily activities and personal needs.
- Medical support when it’s needed – one of the most valuable reasons to select companion care—especially with the trained and licensed team at Advanced Nursing + Home Support—is that your parent or loved one will have access to medical support in the event that it becomes necessary. You won’t have to worry about your family member falling or being injured at home—we’ll be there for you.
- In-hospital support – if you or a loved one is hospitalized, our companions can be there to help, above and beyond the staff at the hospital.
- Complete personal care and companion services are provided – we’ll see to all of your loved one’s personal needs, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, pet care, meal preparation, phone answering, light housekeeping, medication reminders, and more.
- Transportation services are available – our care providers can help your family member get where they need to go—whether it’s a trip to the grocery store or to fill a prescription.
- Specialty cleaning services when they’re needed – through our affiliate company, Elder Clean, we’re able to offer specialty cleaning services when they’re needed, including deep cleanings, tidying, dishes, and more.
Transportation – whether your loved one needs to go to a doctor’s appointment or simply to run an errand, our experienced care providers can get them there.
THE BENEFITS OF RESPITE CARE
We understand that you want to be there to care for your loved one, but there are many benefits of respite care for both the caregiver and the care recipient:
- Staying at home – respite care allows for uninterrupted care for your loved one without them needing to leave home.
- Reducing stress – caring for a loved one can, at times, be stressful—having the option to take a break from time to time will allow you to rejuvenate and come back to caring for your family member feeling happy and healthy. Taking care of you is a vitally important part of taking care of your loved one.
- Improving support group – time off allows you to spend time with your community, family, and friends—improving the support group you have around you.
- And more!
HOW CAN WE HELP?
We help with the difficult decisions. If you have a loved one who needs in-home care in the Maryland and DC area, take the first step towards peace of mind and contact Advanced Nursing + Home Support today. We provide unparalleled service from experienced, compassionate care providers.
Contact us online or by phone at 240-430-1500 to request more information!