What is Skilled Nursing?
Skilled nursing care is advanced medical care that is provided by registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses (LPNs), and other licensed health professionals. This type of care is ideal for senior citizens and disabled loved ones for whom standard home care is not enough. If you or a loved one is in need of skilled nursing care in Maryland and the D.C. area, Advanced Nursing + Home Support has a highly trained, compassionate team of skilled nurses who are ready to help.
We pride ourselves on matching our skilled nursing care clients with RNs or LPNs who are perfectly suited to the lifestyle, needs, and personality of your parent or loved one. Our aim is to accommodate each and every one of our clients’ medical needs so that they receive optimal care while still enjoying the comforts and independence of living at home.
What are Examples of Skilled Nursing Care?
Individuals who require advanced medical attention on a daily basis, but who don’t want to stay in a hospital or assisted living facility, may want to consider skilled nursing care from Advanced Nursing + Home Support. Our team of advanced nursing providers can administer medications, manage treatments, dress wounds, and much more—all while keeping clients comfortable at home. Here are a few of the advanced nursing care services that Advanced Nursing + Home Support can accommodate:
- Medication management (including intravenous medications): An important responsibility of skilled nursing care providers is making sure that clients receive their daily medications on time, and in the appropriate method. Skilled nurses are also trained to administer intravenous medications.
- IV therapy: Skilled nursing care professionals can assist clients who need intravenous fluid therapy to treat dehydration or other medical issues.
- Ventilator management: Managing ventilators requires an advanced knowledge of lung pressures and lung compliance, which our skilled nurses possess.
- Wound care: This type of care includes properly dressing and cleaning wounds, as well as monitoring incisions and drainage.
- Tracheostomy management: Clients who have undergone tracheostomies will have their airways constantly monitored for tube dislodgement and leakages.
- After-accident care: Whether our clients are preparing for surgery post-accident, recovering from surgery, or healing on their own, our team offers a wide range of post-accident care services designed to promote recovery and get our clients back on their feet.
- ALS/MS care: Clients with ALS and MS receive advanced mobility assistance as well as medical and personal support.
- Memory care: Both skilled nursing care and personal care nurses provide support for clients with memory issues; individualized services may include medication management, personal grooming, and more.
Don’t see the advanced skilled nursing service you’re looking for? Let us know how we can assist you. The skilled nurses at Advanced Nursing + Home Support cater their care plans to each individual client, and they will surely be able to accommodate your specific needs.
Before creating a personalized care plan for clients, our nurses ask clients to complete an in-home care assessment, which takes into consideration every element of the individual’s needs and environment to determine the best course of care. Once the assessment is completed, our team of professionals works with individuals and their families to determine what type of skilled nursing care is needed.
Find a Skilled Nursing Care Specialist Today
At Advanced Nursing + Home Support, our compassionate team of skilled nursing care providers is committed to making individuals feel well-cared for and empowered in their everyday routines. We know that for many individuals, receiving advanced medical support is non-negotiable. Our goal is to make it as comfortable and convenient as possible, by delivering it straight to your loved one’s home.
If you have a loved one who needs skilled nursing in Maryland or the D.C. area, take the first step towards peace of mind and contact Advanced Nursing + Home Support today. We provide unparalleled service from experienced, compassionate skilled nursing care providers.
Contact us online or by phone at 240-474-0884 to request more information.